With Laurie Lloyd
In the season that bares all, it can be easy to overregulate. Which is why we reached out to Holistic Health Coach and Nutritional Consultant Laurie Lloyd. Laurie’s passion for real, whole foods makes her the ultimate expert when it comes to finding a healthy balance with food. Here’s what she has to say:
“I’m so excited to share these two favorite summer recipes with the Fourlaps community. The first is a refreshing smoothie that is high protein and low sugar, making it the perfect pre or post-workout fuel. The second is a cauliflower fried rice, which is a terrific low-carb lunch, dinner, or side-dish option. Both recipes are simple, fast, extremely nutritious, and completely delicious.”
LivLight Mint Chip Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (+ more as needed)
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower*
- 2 big handfuls baby spinach
- 1 small frozen banana (optional)**
- 1/4 tsp peppermint oil
- Chocolate plant-based protein
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins collagen powder (leave out for vegan)
- Small handful of ice
*Must be frozen riced cauliflower (found in most grocery stores now)-trust me, raw or frozen florets are not a good option.
**I leave the banana out of mine to keep it very low sugar, but add in for a little sweetness when making for my kids.
Add one cup of nut-milk to your high-speed blender along with all the additional ingredients. Blend on high until smooth, adding additional milk as needed to reach desired consistency.
Cauliflower Cabbage Fried Rice
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 12oz bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 store-bought cabbage salad mix (I get Southwest or Asian version and discard the enclosed packet)
- 4 radishes, cut in cubes (optional, some mixes include it)
- 2 eggs, scrambled (optional, leave out to keep vegan)
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- ¼ tsp ground dry ginger
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp black and white sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, green parts sliced thinly
- Sriracha, to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion until slightly soft. Add cauliflower rice and cook until rice is slightly dry and onions are browned. Create a well in the middle of mixture and spray with olive oil spray. Add eggs and scramble until cooked. Add cabbage mix, radishes, tamari, coconut aminos, and ground ginger and combine well. Add salt as needed. Garish with cilantro, sesame seeds, and green onions. Top with Sriracha and serve.
About Laurie Lloyd
Laurie Lloyd is a certified holistic health coach, nutritional consultant, and wellness influencer. She loves to share her favorite recipes, style tips, beauty secrets, interviews with other wellness experts, and so much more on her website, Instagram and Facebook. While Laurie blogs about all things wellness on her site, her main focus is integrative and plant-based nutrition.